thanks for replying back.

what happens is in the browser i type the url of the page i want.  but
sometimes i see some page that shouldn't be in the current web app.  the
url is current, the content is incorrect.

here is a copy of my workers.properties file:

workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/tomcat

workers.java_home=/usr/local/jdk1.3.1

ps=/

worker.list=ajp12, ajp13

worker.ajp12.port=8007
worker.ajp12.host=myserver.com
#worker.ajp12.host=localhost
worker.ajp12.type=ajp12

# Defining a worker named ajp13 and of type ajp13
#
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=myserver.com
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1

worker.ajp13.cachesize=30

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp12, ajp13

worker.inprocess.type=jni

worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)classes

worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)classes

worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)jaxp.jar
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)parser.jar

worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)jasper.jar
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)servlet.jar
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)webserver.jar

worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.java_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)tools.jar

worker.inprocess.cmd_line=-config
worker.inprocess.cmd_line=$(workers.tomcat_home)/conf/jni_server.xml
worker.inprocess.cmd_line=-home
worker.inprocess.cmd_line=$(workers.tomcat_home)

worker.inprocess.jvm_lib=$(workers.java_home)$(ps)jre$(ps)bin$(ps)classic$(ps)jvm.dll

worker.inprocess.stdout=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)inprocess.stdout
worker.inprocess.stderr=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)inprocess.stderr

worker.inprocess.sysprops=tomcat.home=$(workers.tomcat_home)

apache  1.3.26 is running on a freebsd 4.5 machine and tomcat 3.2 is
running on freebsd 3.4.

i set my mod_jk.conf file to use ajp13 so that i would be able to do
mod_ssl.  i changed the connectors to ajp12 and it seems to be working
now.  is there a problem using ajp 13 on some systems configuration?

once again thanks for replying.

Peter Choe