Is there such a thing as a global.jsa file in Tomcat?

I first saw this concept (an idea taken from ASP's global.asa) implemented
in JRUN.

If there is a global.jsa, does anyone know of any docs on this?  If not, is
there an alternative? The reason I would want to use this is to instantiate,
populate, and cache a few objects upon startup of the application.  If
Tomcat does not provide a global.jsa...does anyone know how otherwise to
achieve the goal?

Thanks.
Neal