libtool is a utility like any other.  It should be in your path.  The same
goes for autoconf, etc.

Libtool, autoconf, and other software are critical for successfully
compiling open source projects from source.  I realize it's confusing, since
the documentation doesn't typically explain why all of these things are
necessary, but if you are going to compile something from (open) source, you
need to have a full development environment, just like the developers
themselves.  This goes beyond having a C compiler.

Once you get your environment set up with popular tools like libtool and
autoconf (and even tools like ant), compiling from source for the Tomcat
connectors as well as any other open source software will be much easier.

John