See Peter's reply for the answer to your AddModule error.

I just wanted to point out that Apache 2.0.39/40 and Tomcat 4.x is a
known-working configuration with mod_jk, on all sorts of UNIX variants
including Solaris 7 and 8.

Also, you want to put your mod_jk.so in $APACHE_HOME/modules, not lib, if
you are using Apache 2.

If you have any other issues, post them to the list.  Given that you have
mod_jk.so already compiled (which seems to be the major stumbling block for
most people), any other problems you have should be fairly easy (and quick)
to solve.

John Turner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]