From: micael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 4:53 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat standalone Versus Apache

I did the comparison about a year ago, and things change.  I have no heard
of a change in this regard.  That would be a huge, unprecedented change for
Tomcat, and I have been following Tomcat daily.  I notice that no one
disputed the suggestions I made, so I assume the tests are still at least
roughly valid.  The issue is thousands versus hundreds, neal.

There are lots of benchmark studies.  Just look around.  It is not close,
neal.  If you find something different, I would be really interested.

Maybe your source meant that Tomcat and like servers can serve jsp almost
like html.  That is not saying that Tomcat can serve jsp like Apache can
serve html.

I cannot think of a good reason to have Tomcat serve html off hand.

You can cache anything.  The question is whether there is an efficient way
to make that useful to do.  Why do it when Apache is there?

Do you have some reason why you don't want to use Apache?

I hope, again, that this is not offensive.  Not meant to be.

Micael