De : Jeff Corliss [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoye : lundi 9 septembre 2002 22:54
A : Tomcat Users List
Objet : Sessions problem with TC4 on Win XP Home when browsing from
"localhost"

Hi all,

As if the subject line wasn't long enough... here's an
interesting problem I'm hoping someone can help me
with.  Basically, I have a Struts-based app which I'm
deploying on TC4 on a Win XP Home machine while
developing.  When I access the app via a browser on
another machine on the network, all is fine.  When I
access the app from the machine on which tomcat is
running (using localhost), it seems that sessions are
constantly being re-created.  So, every time I perform
a login to my app (which saves an object in the
session for "proof of login" etc.), the next page I
hit that requires being logged in sends me right back
to the login page (because the object is not in the
session).  The session now has another ID and "isNew".
 As I mentioned, very same app accessed from another
machine works perfectly.

Here is a quick undown of the environments:

Localhost machine:
Win XP Home, jdk=1.3.1_02, Tomcat=4.1.8 thru 4.1.10,
Struts=1.1b1, Internet Explorer=6.0.

Other machine:
Win95, IE=5.0

I thought perhaps the problem was with IE 6, so I
downloaded Mozilla 1.1 and tried the app that way with
same result.

Weird huh?  Any ideas are greatly appreciated
(including pointing out obvious errors on my part).
-JC

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>