See inlines :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Funk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: Setting thread prority in Tomcat

> Nope. A servlet may run in any thread. The servlet itself may adjust its
> priority (if allowed by the security manager). But you would need to
> remember to also lower it since the next request (to maybe a "normal
> servlet") to run in that thread would also run at that priority.

A way to do this could be with a Filter. Just set the priority to the
desired level before service is called, and return it to its original value
after servlet process.

> Personally - unless who are running a high load site and the servlet is
> cpu intensive and "long running" - I don't think you'll notice a
difference.

I'm not sure, but I suppose a change in servlet thread priorities could have
an important impact on performance. If the thread has higher priority than
the thread receiving requests, a CPU intensive servlet will slow the rest of
the server. Just be careful :-)

> Takumi Fujiwara wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could someone please tell me if it is possible to
> > adjust the priority of servlet serving thread based on
> > which servlet it is serving?
> >
> > For example, I have 2 servlets in my Web Application.
> > All threads serving Servlet 1 will have higher prority
> > than Servlet 2.
> >
> > Can I config that in TomCat?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> > Sam