Please,

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but, really now.

If you had done a simple search on google or this list you would have
found.
http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache-tomcat-howto.html

Instructions are there for building as well as configuration and prebuilt
binaries.

You're leading us to believe that you're not trying to find the answers
yourself.

To answer your question anyway the answer is simple.  Put everything on
one box to build it, configure it, then move Apache on to the other
system.  As mentioned before Apache does not need Java, Tomcat does.  As
for configuring mod_jk to forward requests from one machine to the other
I'll leave that up to you.  (think workers.properties)

Hint:  Google is your friend, searching this list is a good idea, RTFM
should be your first step, and the src is commented fairly well.

Anyway good luck with your effort.  When you're done with it, write up a
nice How To for splitting Apache and Tomcat and post it back to the list.
Then be available to the list to answer questions.  After a few months
you'll feel like I do.

rls

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]