On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, adi wrote:

> new directories are being created dynamically and they should be
> browsable.  all the rest shouldnt be
> thats why I can not put index.htm file in every directory
> Any suggestions?

Not sure this matters -- the idea is that you put the index.html (or
whatever welcome-file you specify) in the directories where you
*don't* want to allow directory listings.  Of course, you could also
dynamically create index/welcome files as appropriately.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]