synchronized (cxt) {
  CurrentUsers cs =
    (CurrentUsers)cxt.getAttribute(WebKeys.CurrentUsers);
  String user = (String)session.getAttribute(WebKeys.UserID);
  cs.remove(user); // or other modification
  // cxt.setAttribute(WebKeys.CurrentUsers, cs);
  // This one is not needed, as cs is just a reference to
  // the object that is stored in the context.
  // You only need this if you want to replace an object in
  // the context with a different object.
}