See the Directory element in httpd.conf. The "Indexes" option dictates
whether or not the directory is listed.
To suppress directory listings,
      Declare a Directory element for that folder in httpd.conf. Don't add
the "Indexes" option.

RS

                      "Ravindra K.

                      Bhat"                    To:       Tomcat Users List

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      .EDU>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Directory Listing

                      09/20/02 11:30 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

Hi Dan,

Thanks.  How do I avoid lisitng the directories via apache. I am still
able to view the directory lisitng if I use apache access to get in..

thanks
Ravi

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Dan Lipofsky wrote:

> In server.xml set suppress="true" for StaticInterceptor like below
>
> <RequestInterceptor
>    className="org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor"
>    debug="0" suppress="true" />
>
> - Dan
>
> > How do I avoid listing the directory files when users type the url in
> > tomcat 3.2.4?
> > Thanks

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <