Comments inline....

If you mean "is Tomcat a J2EE application server like JBoss and others," the
answer is "no".  Tomcat is a servlet container.

> # 2 Do I need to install any Webserver(Like Apache, IBM HTTP,
> IIS etc) for TOMCAT to be functional, if yes please mail me
> the procedure to link the TOMCAT to the webserver.

No, you do not need to install a web server with Tomcat.  Tomcat works fine
in stand-alone mode.  Some people choose to use a web server in conjunction
with Tomcat, but it is not required.

> # 3 How to setup new DOMAIN on Tomcat.

RTFM.  Hint: the Host element of server.xml.

RTFM.  Hint: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/index.html

> # 5 Also please write me any issues involved in using TOMCAT
> for this kind of development.

This cannot be answered.  My advice is to RTFM, search the list archives,
and come back with specific questions.

John