From: Steven Burrus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 12:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Need Help ASAP w. Tomcat install!

 Hello all, I need some pretty urgent help/assistance with installing
tomcat!!! I
am trying, specifically, to install the version 4.1.12 of it. I keep on
getting a
damned error message when I try to start it up in DOS saying that the
CATALINA_HOME environment variable is either not properly set OR is just
flat
missing altogether!!! I still don't know whether to leave in or not the
semicolon
(;) at the end of each variable in the System applet!!

 I started out with having it in without any success whatsoever, and then
tried
leaving it out, still without any success. I am going absolutely "crazy" in
trying
to do this thing right, lemme tell u. I beleive that I got Tomcat configured
properly, the correct way a long time ago--several months ago. And, that
time had
to have been due to me just flat "lucking out" and dumbly "stumbling into"
the
right way to get tomcat going. I apologize in advance to anyone in our
newsgroup
who thinks that they perceive that I have made this same kind of a posting
in the
past, and probably more than once too. I am really not at all as smart and
intelligent as I perceive many others on our group seem to be, I am afraid
say.To whoever responds back to me, I would appreciate it if you could send
me all
of the environment variables needed to configure Tomcat.     Thank you