I pinged jk.mshome.net and the IP address is one I recognise.

I'll just uninstall and reinstall Apache.

Thanks for your help anyway.

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 September 2002 14:51
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: (OT) Cannot see Localhost on Apache

I won't debate you.  You mentioned that you entered jk.mshome.net when
the installer asked.  That's fine, but that means that jk.mshome.net has
to work.  By "work" I mean resolve correctly and Apache has to be
expecting requests for that hostname.  If Apache is set to look for
localhost, and instead sees a request for jk.mshome.net, it won't work.
Conversely, if Apache is set to look for jk.mshome.net but instead
receives requests for localhost or 127.0.0.1, it won't work then,
either.  As I said, things have to match.  If a previous version handled
things differently, that's something that was probably resolved in later
versions (which you are using now), for better or worse.

John