David,

No, I did not.

I am using the auto config file generated by Tomcat from
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/jk/workers.properties.

In my http.conf, I just have this line:
Include /usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

I think that's the reason why the http works but https doesn't work.

I looked at the <VirtualHost _default_:443> portion of my http.conf, but
don't know how to add those paths in there. I tried to paste the content of
my $CATALINA_HOME/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf into the virtualhost directory, but
it did not work.

Would you please give me several simple sample lines?

Thanks a lot