On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 05:41:58PM +0200, Dragomir Denev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a simple servlet that retrieves a string from the database via jdbc.
> The database is sybase and its default encoding is utf-8. I run tomcat
> with -Dfile.encoding=iso-8859-7 option. In the servlet I do a
> System.out.println() for the string and on the console I get the correct
> greek symbols. But when I send the string via the response object I get
> trash in the browser. The servlet looks like this:

Did you try:

-Djavax.servlet.request.encoding=ISO-8859-7

???

BTW: I didn't know there is -Dfile.encoding switch recognized by Tomcat.
I hope it will solve my problems with encoding during file or tcp socket
print ;-))

Richard.

--
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
fight you. Then you win." - Mohandas Gandhi.