Eliot,

Webapp does appear single threaded on win32.  I'd go so far as to say it's
unusable in a production environment on win32.  I develop using it on my win
2k laptop and deploy on linux or Solaris.  Webapp is forever hanging when I
try to execute concurrent requests from the same browser on windows.  It
seams OK on Unix though.

I think you should consider using mod_jk or mod_jk2 on windows as they are
currently actively developed.  However, I don't know for sure as I wouldn't
even _think_ about deploying a production system on windows anyway...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Andy