This isn't really a Tomcat question. I suspect you will have to make all
users administrators. You might ask around on the XP forums or Win2K news
groups and see what you can find. I would also search groups.google.com.

-----Original Message-----
From: Administrator [mailto:Administrator@;interresearch.dk]
Sent: 23 October, 2002 4:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: how to give all users access to start and stop tomcat service
in Win XP

Hi,

I have tomcat 3.2.3 installed as a windows service (using
jk_nt_service.exe) on a laptop running Windows XP. I want to give all
authorized windows users of that laptop the possibility to start and
stop the tomcat service. When they try the following message appears:
System error 5
Access is denied

It's possible for the administrator account to start and stop it -
probably because the service was installed using that account.

Can anybody help?

Many regards from [ Ole Engele Nielsen ]
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]