sounds like I may have missed something here..

What dbcp xml config ? I have seen no reference to such a file before.

Cheers,

Med

                      Glenn Nielsen

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Tomcat Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      net>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: DBCP logAbandoned
parameter
                      22/10/2002 13:39

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

DBCP logging and removal of abandoned connections works for me.
Check all your logs, the stack traces should be there.
If you don't find any stack traces post your DBCP xml config after
obfuscating any sensitive data like passwords of course.

Glenn

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ive implemented my connection pool on Tomcat 4.1.12, in my apllication
> context,  using theorg.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory.
Pleased
> to say its working fine.
>
> I have a question though about some of the options I saw in the dbcp
> example, including such parameters as removeAbandoned,
> removeAbandonedTimeout and in particular "logAbandoned" (by the way, i
put
> these options as they are in my server.xml file, within the declaration
of
> my contexts datasource (<ResourceParams name
="jdbc/mylittledb">....</...>)

> The log abandoned is supposed to produce a stacktrace of where a
connection
> was taken, and not returned to the pool.  Has anyone seen this hapen ?
>
> I removed a close connection method from a jsp, and hit it with several
> threads, sure enough in System.out I got :
>
> DBCP could not obtain an idle db connection, pool exhausted
>
> ... but i was expecting it (from the docs) to tell me which naughty bit
of
> code was the culprit for eating all the pies.
>
> Hope that make sense and at least one person understands my wittering..
>
> Cheers,
>
> Med

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:tomcat-user-help@;jakarta.apache.org>