John B. Moore wrote:
Martin,

I you like I would be VERY glad to review your howto...<G> I'm working on setting this up on my iBook right now...

Thanks much...

John..

I shall write it up in more detail Real Soon... but, in essence, you will need to download the mod_jk.so binary for Mac OS X from the jakarta site (I followed links from the Tomcat 4.1 Docs JK HowTo) - I tried to build it from source, and failed.
However, the download page (for Mac OS X) says it only works with the Apache 2.0.43 server, so if you don't have it, download and build it. I found that the --with-mpm=worker option (multi-threaded server) doesn't work, so reverted to --with-mpm=prefork (classic Apache behaviour). Make sure you specify --enable-so

That done, I then went to John Turner's web site and followed the Linux example. HOWEVER - I ended up having to re-build the connector Jar, because the one I had (with 4.1.12) seemed to be missing the classes used by the <Listener> elements to auto-build the JkMount stuff that gets included into httpd.conf.

Once I'd followed these instructions, It Just Worked!

If you're interested, my complete config also includes SSL (via Apache & OpenSSL).

Now, all I have to do is to get all this working on the production platform (Solaris), too...

HTH

Martin