Well,

If you want to use jni and have Apache startup Tomcat you're going to have
to change some things in both of your config files.  You should really
take a look at the new docs at
C:\build\jakarta-tomcat-connectors\jk\build\docs\jk2\confighowto.html.

First:  apr.jniModeSo=some_path is the unix way to jni.  For Win2k you just need
"inprocess".

Second:  You have almost everything needed to start Tomcat in-process
commented out in wk2.prop.  Did you intend to do this.  It's almost as if
you meant to start TC manually, or as a separate process?

I send you my conf files they are both pretty vanilla.

Here's my jk2.properties file:

Note:  At one time you also needed a, channelJni.disabled = 0, statement.
Don't know how old your version of jk2 is so you might need it.

# Start jk2.p ######################

# Add the apr and channelJni to the list of handlers
handler.list=apr,request,container,channelJni
# The native libraries will be registered by JK2
apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

# End jk2.p ######################

Here's my workers2.properties file:

Note:  My variable for ${serverRoot} did not work so I just hard coded my
path to Apache home where it was needed.
Note:  I'm giving you the whole wk2.p file here.  Everything is not
needed.  To get jni working you only need all the sections that deal with
jni and of course your uri mappings, but you may gain some insight from
everything else.

workers2.properties:

# Start wk2.p #####################

# Define the comunication channel
[channel.jni:jni]
info=The jni channel, used if tomcat is started inprocess

# Define the parameters for the Java Virtual Machine
[vm:]
info=Parameters used to load a JVM in the server process
OPT=-Djava.class.path=${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/tomcat-jni.jar;${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/tomcat.jar
OPT=-Dtomcat.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}
OPT=-Dcatalina.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}
OPT=-Xmx128M

# JNI worker startup handler
[worker.jni:onStartup]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on startup. This one will start
tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=start
stdout=${serverRoot}/logs/stdout.log
stderr=${serverRoot}/logs/stderr.log

# JNI worker shutdown handler
[worker.jni:onShutdown]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on shutdown. This one will stop
tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=stop

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp
[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
#file=${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties
file=c:/Apache2/conf/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

# Alternate file logger
#[logger.file:0]
#level=DEBUG
#file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers
file=c:/Apache2/logs/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=0
disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues
#logger=logger.file:0

[lb:lb]
info=Default load balancer.
debug=0

#[lb:lb_1]
#info=A second load balancer.
#debug=0

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
debug=0
tomcatId=localhost:8009

#[channel.socket:localhost:8019]
#info=A second tomcat instance.
#debug=0
#tomcatId=localhost:8019
#lb_factor=1
#group=lb
#group=lb_1
#disabled=0

#[channel.un:/opt/33/work/jk2.socket]
#info=A second channel connecting to localhost:8019 via unix socket
#tomcatId=localhost:8019
#lb_factor=1
#debug=0

[channel.jni:jni]
info=The jni channel, used if tomcat is started inprocess

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[vm:]
info=Parameters used to load a JVM in the server process
#JVM=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0_01\bin\client\jvm.dll
OPT=-Djava.class.path=${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/tomcat-jni.jar;${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/tomcat.jar
OPT=-Dtomcat.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}
OPT=-Dcatalina.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}
OPT=-Xmx128M
#OPT=-Djava.compiler=NONE
disabled=0

[worker.jni:onStartup]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on startup. This one will start
tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=start
disabled=0
stdout=c:/Apache2/logs/stdout.log
stderr=c:/Apache2/logs/stderr.log

[worker.jni:onShutdown]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on shutdown. This one will stop
tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=stop
disabled=0

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

#[uri:127.0.0.1:8003]
#info=Example virtual host. Make sure myVirtualHost is in /etc/hosts to
test it
#alias=myVirtualHost:8003

#[uri:127.0.0.1:8003/ex]
#info=Example webapp in the virtual host. It'll go to lb_1 ( i.e.
localhost:8019 )
#context=/ex
#group=lb_1

[uri:/examples]
info=Example webapp in the default context.
context=/examples
debug=0

#[uri:/examples1/*]
#info=A second webapp, this time going to the second tomcat only.
#group=lb_1
#debug=0

[uri:/examples/servlets/*]
info=Prefix mapping