On 27 Oct 2002, Johann Uhrmann wrote:

> Date: 27 Oct 2002 16:57:01 +0100
> From: Johann Uhrmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: DTD for server.xml
>
> Hi,
>
> after searching for quite a while now and having some trouble with
> the server.xml file. I would like to ask where I can get a DTD for
> the server.xml.
>
> Is there something like the well documented specification for the
> web.xml file (can be found in the servlet specification)?

It is not technically feasible to write a complete DTD for the server.xml
file, because (by their very nature) the set of attributes for many of the
elements is dynamically extensible, and DTD syntax does not support this.

If you're using Tomcat 4.0.x or 4.1.x, the valid options are pretty
thoroughly described in the documentation that ships with Tomcat:

  http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/config/

or available online:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/
  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/

For 3.x (which it sounds like you're using), I don't know if there is
corresponding reference manterial.

> Thank You,
>
> Hans

Criag