I've been having a recurring error with Tomcat. It works fine upon startup, able to access MySQL databases from other servers with the servlets that I've programmed. However, after a time, it cannot seem to connect to the databases through servlets, yet when I run Java standalone equivalents of the servlets, they connect to the databases just fine. Also, when these connection problems start, I tried to stop the Tomcat service then restart it, but it cannot shut down. I can't even "hard kill" it through Task Manager. I'm running this on Windows 2000 without a firewall. Any ideas on what's going on?

Victor Albisharat
[EMAIL PROTECTED]