Well i don't have all the whole pb cause i just set up my brand new netscape....

It seems yu got in troubles with connection to mysql database. I just made it yesterday night to have my Tomcat's manager properly set up...

First make yur database and tables. I can give yu a .sql script.
Second, under sql admin, create a user who'll handle this database:
user: tomcat, password: tompass.
They are many ways to do it, but on i use to is - assuming the db is called tomcatusers -

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON tomcatusers.* TO tomcat@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'tompass';

If all is OK, yu can then test it with:

shell# mysql -u tomcat -p
password:
bla bla ../..
mysql> connect tomcatusers;
bla bla ../..
mysql>mysql> show tables;
+-----------------------+
| Tables_in_tomcatusers |
+-----------------------+
| roles |
| user_roles |
| users |
+-----------------------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

After that, yu have to modify the server.xml according to the Tomcat's doc.

For instance:
<!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared globally -->
<!-- <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" /> -->
<!-- Test with a JDBCRealm connected to a MySQL DataBase -->
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/tomcatusers"
connectionName="tomcat" connectionPassword="tompass"
userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

Hope this help.

JLB :O)

Sam Taylor wrote:

you might also want to check that you haven't exceeded your max connections
to mysql...