Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:01:06 -0700
From: "Sinclair, Alan (CORP, GEAccess)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Is CLASSPATH ignored ?

All,

Does the UNIX Tomcat implementation ignore the CLASSPATH environment
variable ?

Yes.

For example, in order to make DBCP pooling work, I placed the Oracle JAR
file in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib Does this mean that all application JAR
files must be installed in ../common/lib ?

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Thanks

Craig