The .so is there for mod_jk  and freebsd is available.  You might have
better results with it.
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.0/bin/freebsd/i386/

rls

                      Benoit Lubek

                      <blubek@icominfo.        To:       'Tomcat Users List'
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      fr>                      cc:

                                               Subject:  RE : Unable to build
mod_webapp on freebsd...
                      11/04/2002 05:31

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

Hi.
This is my feedback concerning the problem. I finally succeeded compiling
the mod_webapp.
The only way I could find was to modify the apr/configure script and add
"CC=cc" in the beginning. (There has to be some other way!)

Then something tricky: on freebsd you must use gmake! Not make. With make
it
doesn't work. I think it's normal but this would be good to mention it on
the README.txt.

Then the gmake did not work because the ant did not work because it didn't
find some xml libraries... I just want to build the .so, why do I need to
compile the Java part, too?! So I modified the build.xml with some dummy
task that do nothing...
THEN it did the .so all right.

Now... I think it could be cool to have the .so already built for freebsd
on
the web site.. There is already a bin directory
(
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/release/v
1.2.0/bin/) but it's empty, and there is no freebsd entry.

Thanks,

BoD