Hi,

I have a external site which is hosted on a server seperate from my tomcat server.

That server should provide a login form that can be used to log in into
an application on the tomcat web server.

However, I could not figure out how to log in from an external host.
The following code caused an error 400 "Invalid direct reference to form login page":

<form method="POST" action="http://mytomcatserver/mywebapp/j_security_check";>
<input type="text" name="j_username">
<input type="password" name="j_password">
</form>

The first server has its own domain name and is hosted by a big web hoster. On every web page there should be a login form that allows the user to log in on one of the tomcat web applications.
The tomcat server has just an IP address and holds the web applications.

How can I realize a login form that sits on a different server than the tomcat server.

Thank You in advance,

Hans