--- Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sriram N wrote:
>
> > Since I was able to add myself as manager using tomcat-users, I added
> > admin
> > priveleges the same way.
> >
> > Here's the line in my tomcat-users.xml file:
> >

> > However, this is not documented anywhere in the tomcat docs.
>

> This is written in the default home page (you need "admin" role for the
> admin webapp).
>
> Rémy

Ack Remy, so it is.

Perhaps we should change the sample role names and the user name to something
more self-explanatory ? For a person who's just installed Tomcat for the first
time in his life, we should perhaps have more descriptive role names. Currently
"role1" and "tomcat" do not reveal much to a person who doesn't even know what
roles are all about.

Sriram