From: Turner, John [mailto:JTurner@;AAS.com]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 1:06 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: [BULK] - RE: Basic Setup Question...

Yes, you're missing a connector and a significant amount of
configuration.

Before going down this road, you should determine whether you even need
Apache or not.  You can run Tomcat alone on port 80.

If you decide you want to use Apache + Tomcat, then you will need to
pick a
connector, install a binary or build it from source, and configure it.
Without knowing what you plan to do, there's no point in describing the
whole process.  It does come up several times a day, so you are welcome
search the archives.

If you'd like to take a look at the official documentation, look here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html

If you'd like to take a look at some HOWTOs for Linux and Solaris, look
here:
http://www.johnturner.com/howto

John