hi, All,

We recently experienced a coredump when using an
embedded tomcat servlet engine (version 3.2.4). The
last hint was two stack traces showing socket read
timeouts. The java version we were using is 1.2.2_12
on solaris 2.8. Has anyone seen something similar?

I am not trying to solve the problem here but any
ideas on how to trace the cause of the coredump is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

John

PS: the stack trace looks like:

java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
        at
java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at
java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Compiled Code)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Compiled
Code)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Compiled
Code)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.doRead(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.doRead(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.read(Compiled
Code)
        at
javax.servlet.ServletInputStream.readLine(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Segmentation Fault - core dumped