So there's no production quality code to let me load balance using the Coyote connector?

Should I use mod_jk and the older Ajp13 connector instead?

Nick

On Friday, November 15, 2002, at 01:52 AM, Bill Barker wrote:

Load balancing is still not implemented fully in Jk2 (it's still a Beta).
It has very nice fail-over code however. I'm sure that the Jk2 team would
welcome any patches.

"Nick Wesselman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
I'm trying to set up jk2 load balancing for 2 Virtual Hosts in Apache
with 2 Tomcats each. I have it mostly working, except it doesn't
actually load balance the Tomcats... however it will do fail-over just
fine if I kill one VM.

All my server.xml's have the correct jvmRoute set for the Engine.

Any help on how to fix or debug this?

Nick Wesselman

Environment:
RedHat 7.2
Apache 2.0.43
Tomcat 4.1.12
mod_jk2

workers2.properties (names obfuscated to protect the innocent):
[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
file=/usr/local/apache2/conf/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

[logger.file:0]
level=DEBUG
file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/jk2.log

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers
file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=0
disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime information

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
group=status:

[lb:vhost1]
debug=0