From: Colic, Alex [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 15 November 2002 12:01 AM
To: Tomcat (E-mail)
Subject: Problems with Tomcat's built in db poolmanager

Hi,

I am trying to get an application that is presently working with IBM's
cloudscape database to work with mysql and Tomcat's pool manager.

I have set the poolmanager to have an initial pool of 10 db objects. I have
a screen that allows users to traverse through a record set and view the
records in a table. As they are traversing through this record set I
periodically get the below error.

There is only one user on the system. Can someone suggest what is going on.

Thanks

Alex

ERROR 1

exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: JDBC-Troubles: was not able to
create connection, using the following DbConnection:DbConnection =
name=jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/fred,jndi=false,conClass=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Drive
r,username=fred
Message JDBC-Troubles: was not able to create connection, using the
following DbConnection:DbConnection =
name=jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/fred,jndi=false,conClass=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Drive
r,username=fred

ERROR 2

exception javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: java.sql.SQLException: DBCP
could not obtain an idle db connection, pool exhausted Message
java.sql.SQLException: DBCP could not obtain an idle db connection, pool
exhausted

Localized Message java.sql.SQLException: DBCP could not obtain an idle db
connection, pool exhausted

Stack trace
        javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: java.sql.SQLException: DBCP could
not obtain an idle db connection, pool exhausted
        at
org.apache.taglibs.dbtags.connection.ConnectionTag.doEndTag(ConnectionTag.ja
va:235)

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying
of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended
recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please
advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux
droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou
copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne
autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez
ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de
courriel ou par un autre moyen.

intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to
forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the
MIM Holdings Limited Support Centre.

For general enquires:   ++61 7 3833 8000
Support Centre e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Support Centre phone:   Australia 1800500646
                                        International ++61 7 38338042