Hugo Villeneuve wrote:

> I can share the experience I had with IE5, Tomcat 4.1 and serving dynamic
> PDF.
> IE 5 have a problem with the "Cache-Control" parameter in the HTTP 1.1
> header. With Tomcat 4.1, if I just send the pdf on the OutputStream every
> think is working fine. What is your problem exactly?

I have finished functional testing of inserting gif , jpg and tif into
blobs and displaying them on IE. So far okay.
I tried that with pdf, the data part comes back from the db, but adobe
reader won't start and display the document in the browser.
Client side : W98, NT4, IE and Netscape
Server side : Apache2 + Tomcat4.0 + homegrown J2SDK codes + Ora9i