Tomcat appears to auto-redirect to the default page rather than leaving the
url of the default url (www.mysite.com) while displaying the default page.
In otherwords, if the url (www.mysite.com) is requested, the url is actually
redirected (the url of the window will change) to www.mysite.com/index.jsp.
This presumes use of tomcat as standalone.

>From what I have been reading this can have adverse effects on search engine
placement and is thus not a desired effect.  Does anyone know how to
configure tomcat to behave as most other web servers and *not* redirect the
user?  I think the difference here may be to forward the user versus
redirecting them.

Thanks.
Neal