Regarding timout and web.xml..my web.xml looks like this:

<web-app>
  <display-name>Welcome to Tomcat</display-name>
  <description>
     Welcome to Tomcat
  </description>
</web-app>

In other words has not been adjusted a great deal. I could sit here for
hours and guess what the tag name is/are, and whether the arguement must
takes milliseconds, seconds, minutes etc. What form are these two settings
I am looking for? I would like the server to set session lifetime to
server life i.e the session is persistent as long as the server is
switched on.

Thanks again

Paul.

The session lifetime (timeout) is defined in the web.xml for the
application. Look after the servlet mappings.

David