I forgot to mention that by doing this

appstyle.setMaxInactiveInterval(100);
you are trying to referrence a object in the session. which won't work. The name appstyle is what you use to retreive the object from the session. good luck.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Kwok,
I looked at the docs you referenced and the method you mentioned (setMaxInactiveInterval) was not present, and did not compile? If the method it is available how is it called? I have:

Hashtable hstyle = new Hashtable();
application.setAttribute("appstyle", hstyle); OK!

appstyle.setMaxInactiveInterval(100); NO!

Also, in what unit is the argument measured (mls / sec etc) minutes?

Thank you

Paul.

Kwok Peng Tuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
21-11-2002 16:10
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc: Subject: Re: application timeout

I've replied before, you can set in your jsp code if you wish, here's how you do it,
setMaxInactiveInterval(int interval) ; This is a method, so you need to call it.
You can check out the apis that you need information on, comes with every copy of tomcat.
http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/servletapi/index.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,
I am using 'application' to persist and make available simple
text
values accessible to multiple clients. Can someone tell me how to set the

timeout value to this please (default lifetime)? I have acheived this
with
HttpSession by editing my conf/web.xml file, but can see no reference to applicatrion. Can anyone tell me how to define the application timeout please?

Thanks

Paul.