Hi,
Check the tomcat logs on startup: if you posted your entire web.xml,
then your web.xml is incomplete and you'll see errors in the tomcat
logs.

Furthermore, as a matter of good design, don't override
init(ServletConfig config).  Override init() instead.  That way you
don't have to call init(config) yourself.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics