From: Larry Isaacs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 10:20 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: The major.minor version '48.0' is too recent for this tool
to understand.

I believe this means that the tools.jar being used is out
of sync with your JDK/JRE.  Note that you state that you installed
"1.4.1_01 JRE", which doesn't include a tools.jar. If you are using a
tools.jar from a 1.3.x JDK, I think you would get an error like this.

Cheers,
Larry

org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConn
> ection(Htt
> p10Interceptor.java:161)
>       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown
> Source)
>       at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
> Source)
>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> The tomcat is 3.3a, the jdk is 1.4.1_01. I know that this error can
> occur if you are trying to use an old jdk with a jar (or rt.jar in
> particular) from a newer jdk. I wiped my box clean, installed only the

> 1.4.1_01 JRE, wiped the java.exe from winnt/system. Checked the
> system, no other java.exe anywhere. Please help.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Edward.

> <mailto:tomcat-user-> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For
> additional commands,
> e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>