On Tomcat 4/5, I am able to use the following configuration in my
web.xml:

    <login-config>
        <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
        <form-login-config>
            <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
            <form-error-page>/login.jsp?error=true</form-error-page>
        </form-login-config>
    </login-config>

However, I know that there are app servers out there that do not support
this - the form-error-page MUST be a different JSP.  So I'm wondering,
is there a value I can grab in my login.jsp that tells me the URL of the
protected resource the user is trying to get to?

I tried <%=request.getRequestURL()%>, but that gives me .../login.jsp -
and I want mainMenu.do.

I know iPlanet used to set a cookie and I could use that as specified
at:

http://husted.com/struts/resources/fb-auth.htm

Thanks,

Matt