From: "David Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: Why can't put weblogic.jar to classpath when using ant

james writes:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question, when I use ant to compile some files, the following
error
> popped up, after tried a few times, I found if I delete weblogic.jar in
the
> classpath, it is OK! Why is that?
> Thanks in advance
>
> James
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/Native2Asc
> ii, method: createMapper signature:
()Lorg/apache/tools/ant/types/Mapper;)
> Incom
> patible type for getting or setting field
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.init(Project.java:163)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:387)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:149)

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello, how r u defining property name="classpath" in ur build.xml? david

Hello James, ant build ignores all reference to the environment CLASSPATH content. that's why the classpath property must be defined in the build.xml file properly. the environment CLASSPATH is inherently a problem. that is why ant was developed to circumvent the problems present in building projects in a much more consistent manner. let me suggest u create a small project or better yet begin w/ a fresh install of tc away from ur current work and re-build the tc /exampls and demos to get some more experience w/ ant. hope this helps, david.