I tried debugging the source through, my IDE and it threw a
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main

I tried compiling the source through the command prompt and got  a load of
'cannot resolve symobol' errors (useful). Below is the entire servlet, any
ideas where the problem is? The first 2 of 5 errors when compiling from
DOS is:

" LoadMycompServletAtStartup.java:10:package javax.servlet does not exist
"

and

" LoadMycompServletAtStartup.java:11:package javax.servlet.http does not
exist "

Do I have a system problem here? The servlet in question below. On jave
-version I am using VM build 1.4.1...

thanks!

import java.io.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import java.util.Hashtable;

public class LoadMycompServletAtStartup implements ServletContextListener
{

  public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent sce) {

    ServletContext sc = sce.getServletContext();

    Hashtable style_index = new Hashtable();

    style_index.put("element1", "ONE");
    style_index.put("element2", "TWO");

    sc.setAttribute("style_index", style_index);
  }
  public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent sce) {    }

}