Sorry, I left some answers to your question out..
I'm using Tomcat 4.1.12 (unix system)

I have deployed a wsdl file on tomcat and created a jar file by using the
java2wsdl2java tool.
This is a part of my code:
------
import netscape.ldap.*;

public class ConnectToMurImpl
{
 public void add(  )
 {
  LDAPAttributeSet attrib_set = null;
  LDAPAttribute attribute = null;
  LDAPEntry entry = null;
  LDAPConnection ld = null;

  try
  {
   ld = new LDAPConnection();

   // Must bind as a user with rights to write to the server
   ld.connect(host,port,dn,pwd);
------
The jar file containing several class files are located in
tomcat_home/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib. This is the same directory as where the jar
files for ldap are located.

/ Emma