Ok, I have an existing MySQL database that has user's passwords stored that
were encrypted using the Perl "crypt()" function. I was wondering what the
best way to re-use this database using JSP. I know enough Java to get most
functionality working, and I can already connect to and read/write to MySQL.
The only problem I have is if I migrate to JSP, how can I compare passwords
that are supplied in the JSP page to the password in the DB that was stored
via the Perl crypt() function?