Osvāneo A. Ferreira writes:
Hi,
I“m using tomcat-4.1.2 and I would like know, it“s can used as WebServer.
I configured a non-SSL legacy HTTP/1.1 connector on port 80.
It“s possible ?
[ Osvāneo ]

Hello Osvaneo (sorry, no circumflex), within networks, protocols and tcp all things r possible but maybe not recommended. the 2 tiered approach of apache http web server and tomcat servlet server is by far much more configurable (but more learning curve) and more security than either server alone. i assume since u specify port 80 u intend to use this as a publicly accessible server? tread carefully. u have not specified platform or os. if u r using linux then u should look into linux security. if u r using windoz then u need to get a firewall hardware appliance such as a cisco router (ther r many other hardware appliances to choose from). hope this helps, david.