Tushar Kulkarni writes:
Hi,
I have installed Tomcat4.1. I want to change the directory
webapps\examples\JSP to say C:\myExamples. So that I can store my jsp files
in to the myexamples directory and access it through the browser with the
address ,
http://localhost:8080/myexamples instead http://localhost:8080/examples.
Please tell me how to I accomplish this task.
Thanks

Hello Tushar, no need to change directories and should not be necessary if u create ur application context: "/myexamples" the same way "/examples" was created. ur installed tc came w the application context: "/examples" ready to go right? but, b4 it got tarballed the tc magicians created a .war/.jar file combo that gets expanded to: $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples and under the: "/examples" context u will find: $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/web.xml a very important file that is created to define and describe to the tc server how to unpack the .war/.jar that was created for the "/examples" application. And, under: $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes u should find a myriad of "example" applications including: $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/examples (and many others). in fact all the examples and demos displayed at: http://localhost:8080 r expanded and stored her. allow me to recommend: discover how this is done by studying ant and the build.xml that escorts the tc server to great heights. if u accomplish this u should have when comleted the following:
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myexamples when the tc server expands ur .war file. And, u should be able to access the contents w/ the following url: http://localhost:8080/myexamples. hope this helps, david.