From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 11:26 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat 4.1.12 much slower than Tomcat 4.0.3

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Ron Day wrote:

> Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:24:26 -0600
> From: Ron Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: tomcat 4.1.12 much slower than Tomcat 4.0.3
>
> Hi,
>
> I have tried re-installing Tomcat 4.1.12 , moving to JDK1.4.1, but:

15 second delays sound like something wierd with your DNS server (perhaps
you've got access logging enabled?) or database.  There's nothing in
Tomcat that would do this -- and, in fact, most users see a performance
boost, especially with JSP pages that use lots of custom tags.

Craig

> My original post, still happening: This is post.....
>
> **********************************
>
> I just installed Tomcat 4.1.12.
>
> But now my tomcat 4.0.3 webapps run about 10-20 times slower.
> These are my class exercises, ranging from small single servlets to medium
> projects.
>
> Anyone have any ideas as to why this may be.
>
> I did not change anything, and it happens for jsp's and servlets !!!
>
> It seems that the tomcat examples work fine !!!!!

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>