Have you tried explicitly removing the search criteria
attribute from the session?
Look into
javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.removeAttribute, or
removeValue

---------------------------------------
I am using Tomcat 4.0.3 on Solaris with JDK 1.4.

I have been using the Persistence Store to save the
Session
information.
This works fine except from my pont of view, but users
are giving me
grief
that when they run the web application, the
information stored in their
sessions is what they had in before a few minutes
earlier. For example,
have written a search page that stores the search
criteria into the
session
scope. After looking at the results and running
another search, they
get the
results of a previous search they did minutes earlier.

It seems that the a copy of the session is being made,
but when they
make
subsequent requests, the session is giving them an
older version of the
session then the one they should be using.

When I disable persistence manager, we have no
problems and everything
works
fine.

Here is a copy of context in server.xml:

        <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0">

          <Manager
className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
debug="0" saveOnRestart="true" maxActiveSessions="-1"
minIdleSwap="0"
maxIdleSwap="120" maxIdleBackup="0">

            <Store
className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>

          </Manager>