Scott Purcell writes:

Running Tomcat 4.1.12 on Win2000.
Problem 1) I created a site under webapps in which only servlets will run. I created a web-xml file: (see Below): All works good.
Question: When I hit the URL http://localhost/site I see a directory listing. I do not want this. I thought the welcome-file-list was my solution, but maybe I am wrong. How is the best way to turn off any type of directory listing.?
Problem 2) I am also running a vendors software on the same box, which uses tomcat running on 8091. I was told not to use any of its servlet engine to run my stuff, so I need to run another tomcat lets say on 8080. A tomcat for use on some servlets and rpc-xml stuff.
Anyway, is it ok to run two tomcats on one box, as long as they have different port numbers? Anything I may need to be aware of in this case?

Thanks,
Sincerely
Scott

<!DOCTYPE web-app
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
<web-app>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>testServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>/servlet/testServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>
</web-app>
~

Hello Scott, asuuming u have not packaged ur servlet try:
<web-app>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>testServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>testServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>testServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/testServlet<url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

in any case u have to get rid of the "invoker". hope this helps, david.