Hello,

I am trying to get a servlet Initialization block to initialize but I cannot seem to
get it to work. I am running a new install of Tomcat 4.1.12 on win2000.

I have created a webapp called "cybrary", and I have put that into the server xml with
the following line:
        <Context path="/cybrary" docBase="cybrary" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" crossContext="true" />

Then I created the proper structure under webapps eg:
/webapps/cybrary/WEB-INF/classes/com/ddi/ags/rpc/CybraryRPCHandler.java

The code I am running is here, there is nothing to it, just want it to hit the init
block.
When I run it with the following url:
http://localhost:8080/cybrary/servlet/CybraryRPCHandler the out.println message shows,
but no init ever. I am printing that to stdout, in which I never see any print.

Does anyone know why this would occur.

Also, in case needed the web.xml is below all of this:

package com.ddi.ags.rpc;

import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.net.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.*;
public class CybraryRPCHandler extends HttpServlet {
        System.out.println("IN the init");
    }

                      HttpServletResponse response)
        throws ServletException, IOException {
        PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
        response.setContentType("text/html");
        out.println("this is another attempt at the init firing up.");
    }
}

#### web.xml ######

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>CybraryRPCHandler</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.ddi.ags.rpc.CybraryRPCHandler</servlet-class>
     </servlet>

   <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>CybraryRPCHandler</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/CybraryRPCHandler</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

   <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
   </welcome-file-list>