I am currently running tomcat 4.0.2 with a
mod_webapp connector for apache version 1.3.22

do I need to upgrade the mod_webapp connector
That was a real bear the first time around
It took sometime to find a binary that would
work with my Redhat 7.2 system. I tried
various to recompile a working version but was
never succesful. ;(

I would like to upgrade to 4.1.12 but I am a little
concerned about problems I might encounter .

I currently have tomcat in /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2
and see that installing from the rpm puts it
into /var/tomcat4 so that is ok.

I am assuming that once I make the necessary changes to
server.xml and tomcat-users.xml . I should be good to go

Just shut down the running version and startup the new one

Seems to easy. Am I missing something :)

Thanks in advance

Rob Cartier